Monday, July 8, 2013

Feeling busy and drained?

I ran across an article on being prolific which is an interview with Joss Whedon.  The guy behind things like Buffy, Firefly, Dr. Horrible's Video Blog, and a little movie called Avengers.  He's made enough stuff I like that I took a look.  What struck me was that he has to do things a bit different than I'm used to since he is in such a creative field.  (I do tech work.)  It also struck me that there are some similarities to pack planning.

Joss has some interesting insights on how to design things creatively.  What struck me was that with creative arts, like cub scout event programs, it is better to do something less then perfect to get it done than it is to perfect it before trying.  That is different than engineering work.  We don't like buildings or bridges failing.  But we can take more risk when putting together a fun program.

No comments:

Post a Comment